NYU Courant Institute 6600?
Lawrence H Greenwald
2004-05-19 01:34:05 UTC
One of the CDC 6600's I knew about (but never actually saw) was/is the
one at New York University's Courant Institute. It was a machine that
was funded (?) by the old Atomic Energy Commission (AEC), so security on
it was pretty heavy. It was on the 2nd floor, but access to the floor
was restricted, so I never actually saw the machine. The user area was
on the 3rd floor.

What's its history? When was it installed? Removed?
What's on the 2nd floor there now?

--LG
--
reply to - lgreenwa at cts dot com
"I'm looking over a three-leaf clover that I overlooked be-three!" --Bugs Bunny
Eugene Miya
2004-05-19 06:18:27 UTC
Post by Lawrence H Greenwald
One of the CDC 6600's I knew about (but never actually saw) was/is the
one at New York University's Courant Institute. It was a machine that
was funded (?) by the old Atomic Energy Commission (AEC), so security on
it was pretty heavy. It was on the 2nd floor, but access to the floor
was restricted, so I never actually saw the machine. The user area was
on the 3rd floor.
What's its history? When was it installed? Removed?
What's on the 2nd floor there now?
Locate and ask:
Jacob Schwartz