XEDIT clone (C and Pascal versions)
Eric S. Harris
2003-10-16 04:03:40 UTC
Is this old news?

This site [1] has an XEDIT clone available for the downloading. (Well,
downloading and compiling.) -Eric

[1] http://www.winternet.com/~gginc/
--
Eric S. Harris
E-mails to me may bounce; worm files fill up my
Glen Herrmannsfeldt
2003-10-16 06:32:09 UTC
Post by Eric S. Harris
Is this old news?
This site [1] has an XEDIT clone available for the downloading. (Well,
downloading and compiling.) -Eric
Does it run on CDC machines?

-- glen
Eric S. Harris
2003-10-18 06:23:18 UTC
Post by Glen Herrmannsfeldt
Post by Eric S. Harris
Is this old news?
This site [1] has an XEDIT clone available for the downloading. (Well,
downloading and compiling.) -Eric
Does it run on CDC machines?
Dunno. All I know is what is at the web site, and I don't think it
mentions what platforms it works on. Perhaps the source does.

Source provided (source only, actually), so if you can find a compiler
for C or Pascal (and can do whatever tinkering is necessary to make it
work on the CDC platform) you can make it.

I have no idea how machine-independent it is. -Eric
Glen Herrmannsfeldt
2003-10-20 20:30:37 UTC
(snip)
Post by Eric S. Harris
This site [1] has an XEDIT clone available for the downloading. (Well,
downloading and compiling.) -Eric
Does it run on CDC machines?
Dunno. All I know is what is at the web site, and I don't think it
mentions what platforms it works on. Perhaps the source does.
Source provided (source only, actually), so if you can find a compiler
for C or Pascal (and can do whatever tinkering is necessary to make it
work on the CDC platform) you can make it.
I have no idea how machine-independent it is. -Eric
The subject of C's support of ones complement arithmetic comes up sometimes
in comp.lang.c, and so I sometimes point to CDC machines as some that have
used ones complement. Also, the 60 bit word tends to be unusual for C,
along with not using 8 bit characters. It might be that C would use 12
bits for char, five per word.

I was wondering why it was posted to comp.sys.cdc (and not cross posted).

-- glen