Looking For a Physical Copy Of "Design Of A Computer"
Dave
2006-03-14 18:20:39 UTC
Anybody have a decent copy of Jim Thornton's book that they'd part with
for a modest price? I know the book is online, but prefer to read
paper vs. phosphor. Thanks.

-Dave

dlowry _at_ mn _dot_ rr _dot_ com
Bob Lidral
2006-04-07 21:09:23 UTC
Post by Dave
Anybody have a decent copy of Jim Thornton's book that they'd part with
for a modest price? I know the book is online, but prefer to read
paper vs. phosphor. Thanks.
-Dave
dlowry _at_ mn _dot_ rr _dot_ com
I've been looking for one for awhile now (and kicking myself for not
buying it when it was readily available). You might try Amazon.com.
They have a program called "Used Item Pre-Orders" that lets you place a
standing order for a currently-unavailable used item. You get to
specify the maximum amount you're willing to pay and the miniumum
condition. When someone puts a copy up for sale that meets your
criteria (and if you're next in line for it), Amazon will charge your
credit or debit card, pay the seller, and tell the seller to ship it to you.

Good luck, though -- my standing order has been in effect for a few
years now.

You can also try a search on eBay. eBay allows you to set up "Favorite
Searches" that fire off once a day looking for any new items put up for
auction in the previous 24 hours. You can set it to email you with a
list of any such items once a day (you won't get any email on days when
no such items are put up for auction).

Again, good luck.

Bob Lidral
lidral at alum dot mit dot edu